Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stamp Set Challenge #1 - Bring On The Cake

Hi there!

Been a while since my last post (again) as life has been so busy. Nothing out of the ordinary just typical life of juggling family, work, school etc.....

I found a little time this week to do some crafting.At first I was a little lost with no real inspiration so I just stood there and stared at my craft stash wondering what I could create.



While I searched through my stamp collection I thought about how many sets there were that hadn't seen any ink in a long time. There were also quite a few that had never been inked AT ALL!

I decided to set myself a challenge to use each set and create five different cards from it before moving on to another set.

I closed my eyes and reached for the first set I would work with which turned out to be...

Bring On The Cake - Stampin' Up!

Just so happens that this is one of those sets that has never been used.

As much as this is a great sentiments set it wasn't bombarding me with inspiration so I decided I would google it and see what ideas I could get from there.

Finally, some inspiration from Heike's blog
where she had made a Lego card that I thought would be perfect for my son's birthday.

Here is my recreation of Heike's card.



I used assorted off cuts of Stampin' Up! cardstock and the small studs on the lego bricks were made using the 1/2" circle punch.

I coloured the sentiment with Copics.

In an effort to keep my craft space (which is very limited) in order I thought it might be a good idea to create a folder with all my stamps sets in it for easy reference .


So here starts the challenge to myself

Create 5 different cards with each of my stamps sets.

If you would like to join in this little challenge please add your blog to the link up in my side bar so that I can come visit you too.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Michelle :o)

   

6 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Michelle .
Great to see you at your craft desk again .Love your first card from this set .
Perfect colour combo for this boys card .
hugs Mum

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Michelle , great to see you at your craft desk again
Love this card design and the colour combos .All perfect for boys card
hugs Mum

Sandy said...

Love it! Great idea for a boy. Lego is all the rage. Lots of stationery bits and pieces around the place. Not sure I could keep up with you making 5 cards per set. I've got too many sets but will have a go at using a different set when I teach on Wednesdays
Hugs
Sandy

Unknown said...

I love this Lego card and the colors just pop. Of course you are the Copic master and I bow to your amazing coloring skills. :) I'll be later to link up a project. xx

debby4000 said...

Love you lego card.
luv
Debby

Lisa Minckler said...

OMG! That's fabulous Michelle :) I love your card. Heike was great inspiration, but this turned out wonderfully. :)
Just popping in to say hello and see what you've been up to. Quite a bit, as always!!
HUGS,
Lisa x